Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
Happy Monsoon everyone! So how’s it going with the rains..? It feels good. I love the rains. I love the feeling of it on my face. Water pouring down, on and off, creating that amazing romantic scene from our Bollywood movies. Rains always remind me of those sexy romantic songs from our movies which were picturised in the rains.
Well, on one such rainy day I was out, and this is what I wore. Hot-pants are life savers some times. It rained so much that evening.. and I was thanking myself for not wearing jeans or full pants. As it becomes uneasy to walk in wet pants and its not good for the skin too.
I was carrying a water proof bag that day, which deifintely helped.
Things to remember, in monsoons:
1. Make-up: Avoid heavy make-up, keep it to the minimum. The lighter the make-up, the more you will be able to enjoy the weather. If required, use good quality water-proof stuff. Personally, I can’t leave home with out my kajal and lip balm. That’s the only thing in monsoons that I wear on my face.
2. Hair: The problem with managing hair in monsoons is that the humidity in the atmosphere makes hair frizzy. Hence, the go-to hair styles should be slick ponytails, messy braids or classy buns. Other than that, wearing a scarf or a hat adds up to the glam quotient. I would also recommend using hair protector products depending on your hair texture. Avoid hair-sprays and hair gels.
3. Skin: It’s good to use a non-soapy cleanser which can wash away the dirt with out drying the face. Use a toner post face-wash. Exfoliate (I swear by this rule). Never ever EVER step out with out applying a good sunscreen.
4. Footwear: Just slip in to those colorful rain boots, jelly slippers or sandals. Avoid leather in the rains. Anything open toed and water proof works best!
5. Accessories: What could be better than a colorful umbrella! Remember that song from the Bollywood movie ‘Chalbaaz’ where in Sridevi looks super cute in the raincoats with umbrellas. It’s time to create the same magic! And yes, colorful water proof bags are super handy too.
6. Clothes: Most importantly, wear light fabrics, like cotton, linen etc. Give your jeans some rest and go for capri pants, linen trousers, skirts, hot-pants, the list is too long. Its good to stay way from whites and other very light colors. Wear the most colorful pieces from your collection and enjoy the colors of rainbow.
I like rain. Actually I love it. Do you?
Very well then, let’s get wet!
Cheers to the rains!
Shirt: Old Navy
Bag: Bought from Florida Airport
Leather Cuff: Random