I never wore a cropped top in my life (till today)! And when I sat and thought about it, I came up with the following reasons for my hatred towards the cropped tops –
- They suit teenage girls more than women with curves. And I have got curves. <Hence, cropped tops is a bad idea..>
- My upper body is heavier than bottom. <See – cropped tops is a bad..bad idea..>
- I do not have those super-toned, super-flat abs which makes the situation worse.
- It just will not suit me.. I am just not made for it. <How many times do I have to say that cropped tops is a bad idea..??>
– Well, truth be told, we all do that. We all have these preconceived notions about some or the other thing in our life (and sometimes, people). We tend to reject it by saying it’s not good enough, or its not made for me etc. even before trying!
Like my husband dislikes the idea of eating at a new place. According to him, one should not experiment with food! Eat only where you have eaten before! However, my opinion is completely opposite! I love going to new places and trying different kinds of cuisines. Hence I keep dragging him all the time to new eateries. And it always turns out good (okay fine – most of the times). We just have to give it a try!
So anyways, back to our cropped tops… I bought this orange top back in September last year from the clearance section of Forever 21 (obviously I didn’t think much before buying it). And since then, it was sitting in my closet waiting for its turn to come out in the sun! And yesterday, just like that, I was in the mood of wearing something I have never tried before – something different from my usual style! I picked this top and keeping it the center piece, I styled the rest of the outfit.
– That’s the story of this cute little outfit. And I love how it turned out.
Confession – Sadly after these pictures were taken, I suffered with a wardrobe malfunction. It so happened that I was in the dressing room trying a skirt in a store and these pants got stuck in the wooden hanger on the wall. Since I did not know they were stuck in the hanger, I simply pulled the pants from the hanger in a quick motion and there you go – before I knew it, there was a big tear and my favorite pants were ruined! Just like that! The damage was irreparable, hence, I bought a skirt from the same store, put it on and discarded these pants..
I have already bid adieu to these pants. You are free to do so too!
Cropped top: Forever 21 (similar here and here) | Pants: Forever 21 | Shoes: Sole Society (now available in brown) | Necklace: Janpath, New Delhi (exactly same) | Sunglasses: Aldo | Watch: Michael Kors | Clutch: Gifted by MIL