Sometimes taking the ‘over-sized’ route is a GREAT idea. It can do wonders to your look. Don’t worry about the size or the extra fabric. Just learn to play with it.. and enjoy it. I managed to pen down a few super easy styling tips with regards to Peplum –
- Cinch it for that ‘slim waist’ definition! Orrrr.. just let it hang and swing. Enjoy the room and the extra comfort 🙂
- Balance out the proportions. Wear something form-fitting underneath. Kind of like a bodycon skirt (like I did here) or skinny pants or leggings (check this previous post of mine)!
- Wear nice heels or flats depending on your comfort level (both look good actually). I prefer heels though!
- Try to stay away from sneakers. Personally, I don’t like dressing up a Peplum top with sneakers/sport shoes.
- Accessorize – You may wear a big belt or a nice scarf. Or even both! Just try not to over-do it.
- Wear nice statement jewelry if you can! It usually brings out the dressed up look more.. I am personally biased towards statement earrings! How about you??
Oh and please don’t hesitate to add more to the list! I look forward to hear how you like to style your Peplum tops and dresses.
P.S. Remember when I bought this smock dress two sizes big. TOTALLY worth it!! Well I did the same
mistake thing again. I bought this lovely Peplum top one size big and man I love the print and style!