One would think, however pregnancy is not all merry-go-round. There are ups and downs. There are happy days and sad, depressing days. There are healthy days and there are feeling-sick-to-the-core days. My mother always says, ‘bringing a new life in to this world is not an easy task. It takes A LOT’. I must say, elders are never wrong.
As much as I’m in the anticipation of my offspring, I can’t wait for December to come sooner, so I could go back to living my ‘normal’ life again! Who am I kidding? Everything is going to be upside down once the baby arrives, but at least I’ll have my body back, or I would have my stamina back. Something… give me something here!
So, I made a list. I like making lists. It keeps me organized. And I’m going to come back to this blog post when the time comes. This list is about the things that I can’t wait to get back to –
- To go back to my gym and be able to lift heavy weights again. Ah! that feeling of adrenaline pumping through the veins, the sweat, the passion, the need for more!! Can you blame me for missing it so much?
- To be able to run or jump again without all my body parts jiggling or bouncing. Who likes to have their body parts jiggle.. eh?? Certainly not this girl.
- To be able to walk fast (or even at a regular pace) and not feel out of breath like someone is strangling my neck and squeezing my lungs. Where’s my stamina gone, I wonder!
- To eat without having weird (read ‘unhealthy’) cravings all the time. Can you imagine I hated the aroma and taste of coffee for the first 4 months of my pregnancy. ME = a die-hard coffee lover!! Even I couldn’t believe it.. smh! (In case you are worrying, I’m fine now). 🙂
- To stop feeling like a tightly stuffed teddy bear (from all corners). Actually, there are no corners anymore, it’s all round and jiggly!
- To be able to wear my regular jeans again. In all fairness, I never valued my regular jean pants. I always overlooked them and kept them at the bottom of my ‘to-wear-in-a-hurry’ list. But time teaches you the value of everything.
- To be able to sleep 8 hours straight without –
- tossing and turning 40 times in one night
- waking up every 2 hours to pee
- the super painful round ligament pain. Which means, I can’t even turn sides in my sleep without feeling shooting pain in the groin area. TMI?
- waking up with sore hips
- To be able to wear my normal bra again. Honestly, DDs are sooo not fun. They sag, make your back hurt (because of the heaviness). I give a damn to the starers, I just want to feel myself again. Again, this goal seems far, far away in the future. Since I plan to breastfeed, which means, from DDs they are going to expand up to ZZs. Sigh..!!
- Last but not the least, to hold my baby in my arms. After all, this will all be worth it then! Isn’t it?
Well I know, no one said this was easy. And that’s alright with me. I just wish these 9 months would pass sooner!
P.S. 23 weeks 5 days weeks pregnant today.
Full outfit of this picture coming soon!