Should You? Would You.. wear heels during pregnancy? What’s your verdict? Yes or No?
Personally I would. I do. However, here are some points to remember to be on the safe side –
- The heels shouldn’t be very high (say 4.5 inches or higher). Personally, my limit is 4 inches.
- Pencil heels are a bad idea for posture and (the ever persistent) back pain during pregnancy. It’s wise to opt for comfortable heel types like kitten heels, block heels, cone heels, pumps etc.
- You should be quite comfortable (and habitual) wearing them.
- Be VERY careful while climbing stairs in heels. Hold the railing (or someone’s hand) just to be safe.
- Don’t wear heels if you plan to spend the day walking or standing for long hours (like sight-seeing or downtown strolling etc). Do a favor to your back, and wear those trusted flats.
- Completely avoid wearing heels if you are suffering with swollen feet or back pain.
That’s it! If you keep in mind these few points, I think wearing heels in pregnancy should be safe!
Personally, I am still comfortable wearing heels (though I do not walk in them a lot). I have like 40 pairs of heels simply sitting in my shoe closet starting at me like ‘Do you still love us?’ It only makes sense to take them out for a spin once a week or so on coffee or brunch dates! 😉
P.S. 25 weeks pregnant here.